"I've been using the same DuraGRIT sanding disc since 1998! It still works like new!”
- John D. (Carpenter & Tradesman)
DS5 - DuraDisc™ - 5” (127mm) Carbide Disc with Heavy Duty Hook & Loop Conversion Kit.
Just Keep Sanding, Sanding and Sanding…
Mount a DuraDisc™ on your sander and leave it there. Mount a different grit DuraDisc™ on a second sander and change sanders, not discs.
This 5” steel backed carbide disc is so durable, it will outlast the loop backing pad (replaceable in 2 packs**) and will often outlast the orbital sander!! *
Use the DuraDisc™ on your random orbit sander or on your belt/bench sander.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Long Life: "I sanded 10,000 linear feet x 5" of spruce and it still works like new!” - John D. (Carpenter & Tradesman)
- Heavy Duty: Very strong steel backed disc won’t tear or wear the same as ordinary sandpaper discs.
- Same sanding finish at the end of the job, as at the beginning!
- Grit will not break loose.
- Uses: Sand wood, fibreglass and composites - or - Grind ceramic wall tile, plywood, composites, laminates etc *
- Rigid steel disc, coated with carbide grit in sandpaper grades (46, 60 & 80)
- Versatile: Use on a 5 or 8 hole 5” dia. Random Orbital Sander or a 5” dia. bench mounted End Sander (Please note the vacuum hole pattern is not compatible with Festool® sanders)
- Long working life makes using a different grit disc on two sanders (and leaving them there), a feasible proposition.
- Easy Cleaning: Remove accumulated sawdust with wire brush, uncured rubber block or synthetic wine cork
- Heavy duty hook and loop conversion kit included with each disc
- Pro TIP: Change sanders, not discs and save time - As the DuraDisc lasts so long, mount a coarse DuraDisc on one sander and a finer grade DuraDisc on a second sander. Then change sanders, not discs!
- Not intended for fine finishing beyond 80 grit
- Not recommended for use on metal
- Please note the vacuum hole pattern is compatible with most 5" diameter sanders with a 5 or 8 vacuum hole pattern, but not Festool® orbital sanders
- Download our Cleaning Tips as a PDF - Click Here
- Download the DuraDISC™ READ ME which contains important instructions as a PDF - Click Here
* In demonstrations lasting many months, the random orbital sander being used for the demo failed but the 60 grit DuraDisc that was mounted to it over the same time period, was still sanding aggressively.
5” dia (127mm)
Available in 46, 60 & 80 grit
One Heavy Duty Hook and Loop conversion kit included (1 hook and 1 loop)
To assist you with your selection of the appropriate grit grade for your DuraGRIT® carbide sanding disc, note some typical uses based on grit grades by reading the following knowledge base article:
Grit Grade Guide for DuraDISC 5" Carbide Sanding Disc (DB-DS5)
How To Remove Your DuraDISC™ from the Sander without bending it
- Slide a broad spatula or putty knife, between the black hook and the white loop pads.
- Work the blade across the face and around the disc in a circular motion until the disc comes loose.
- Do not pry or twist the blade of the spatula
- Do not pull the disc by the edge with your fingers
- Be careful not to bend the disc. Once the disc is bent or distorted, it is ruined.
- Removed this way & handled with care, a DuraDISC™ will give years of consistent sanding performance!
- Download a PDF of the READ ME which contains important instructions about the DuraDISC