Rapid Material Removal: D.I.Y. & Power Carving Shaping Tool!
MSW - Carbide Shaping Wheel. 1-1/4” (32mm)
The unique ‘Mushroom’ shaping wheel has become the favourite tool of power carvers since 1998! This remarkable wheel can sculpt delicate compound curves or rapidly remove material faster than any other small wheel in its class.
Wood carvers love the way this tool can rapidly shape a carving ‘down to the line’, before finishing with detail burrs or sanding sleeves. Do-it-yourselfers, love the aggressive material removal capabilities or the gentle smoothing achieved by stroking the MSW along the work surface. Can also be used to remove flaking paint and surface rust from metal garden furniture prior to refinishing.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Rapid material removal. Smooth sanded finish.
- Very strong. Won’t bend or shatter.
- Grit won’t tear loose.
- Use on hard and soft woods, MDF & Pine molding, Fiberglass, ABS plumbing, composite materials, gourds and more!
- Mounted on an extra strong, steel mandrel (ESM)
- Shapes & finishes in one operation.
Carves and sands beautifully on the following materials:
- Hard and soft woods
- MDF, Oak & Pine molding
- Carbon Fibre
- ABS plumbing
- Rigid and flex PVC piping
- Rubber hose
- Plastic garden hose
- Engineered wood floor (up to 5/8” thick)
- Laminate ‘click’ floor
- and more!
- (Not recommended for use on metal)
- ’Stroke Carve’ like a pencil and adjust crown molding corners to get a better fit in non-square rooms
- ’Stroke Carve’ irregular shapes into the edge of ceramic wall tile, to fit around obstructions such as waste pipes or ‘bulging’ plaster walls
- ’Stroke Carve’ to remove plastic, fibreglass and even cast iron mold flashings
- Effortlessly decorate wooden furniture with compound carvings
- ’Stroke’ away surface rust on lawn furniture or auto bodies
- Make compound curves in wood carvings by ’stroking’ the material with the tool face
- Use the edge to ‘under-cut’ leaves and feathers or to remove material between items such as characature and animal legs
- Carve a wooden spoon using only the MSW shaping wheel
- Easily create undulating surfaces for carvings such as snow drifts, tree trunks etc
- Create bevels on wood or even marble trophy bases
- and more!
To assist you with your selection of the appropriate grit grade for your DuraGRIT® carbide sanding tool, note some typical uses based on grit grades by reading the following knowledge base article:
What are Typical Uses (and suggested grit grades) for DuraGRIT Carbide Tools?
Diameter: 1-1/4" (32mm)
Extra Strength Mandrel: 1/8" (3mm)
Grit Grades: Available in 46, 60 and 120 grit